BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I would like to create a sastest user that is not on a network domain. I am able to create a local user on a single host machine with installed SASMeta and SASApp servers and able to connect and run programs using this sastest user.

However, when I try to create similar user on a multiple hosts (SASMeta and SASApp are separated) system, I am only able to establish connections to SASMeta but not to SASApp.

The error message I am getting trying to connect to SASApp:

Connection refused. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host - i.e. one with no server application running.

Steps taken:

1.Created SAS users group and sastest user on both hosts, the user group was set to log on as batch process (needed for applications/program testing).

2.Added sastest user to SAS environment.

3.Tried to add read metadata permission to PUBLIC, following this article: https://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html error persisted.

Is it possible to create a local user that is not on a domain that would be able to access all sas servers?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7

The problem was resolved by granting read meta data permission for Sas trusted user on SASapp server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
As long as the password is the same on both the compute and metadata host, I would expect this to work. A connection refused error suggests we are not able to establish a connection to the Object Spawner on the compute host at all, not that authentication is failing. Is the object spawner running?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7

The object spawner is running and I am able to test connection using this sastest user and domain users. Moreover, I am able to connect to object spawner too using the mentioned two users. However, I am not able to connect to SAS work space server with neither user. It seems that the issue is not this is not with windows authentication.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are your domain users connecting OK? Can you remotely logon to the SAS application server via a remote desktop connection using sastest? If this works then try starting a SAS session on the app server by typing sas on a command line (I'm assuming your OS is Windows).  

val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7
Now domain users can not connect in to SAS Workspace server ether from a client station. I am able to rdp to SASApp (from the same client) using sastest and was able to start SAS session. But when I try to test connection from the same client through SAS EG or SAS integration technologies I am not able to connect to SAS App server.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I'd take a look at the Object Spawner logs to make sure it's binding to the Workspace Server port(s).
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7

The problem was resolved by granting read meta data permission for Sas trusted user on SASapp server.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation