BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all.  Is there a listing that shows latest supported driver versions (for ACCESS/ODBC at least)?  For example, what is the latest MS SQL SRVR driver version supported by SAS (use with ACCESS/ODBC)?

So far my search has failed.

Thank you in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As far as I know, the functioning of SAS/ACCESS to ODBC is not that sensitive to driver versions. At least, not to the point that there would be an exhaustive list of drivers/versions supported.  That's kind of the point of ODBC -- it's a protocol that if complied with, it should just work.  I would hope that the most recent SQL Server driver (13.1, I think) should be okay.

You might need a specific driver version to support a proper connection/feature to a specific version of your database (ex: specific driver for some feature in Oracle 12c), but the SAS/ACCESS part should work with whatever driver you have making that connection.

Are you looking at Azure-hosted data? Might be some special considerations -- post back with specific questions if you run into challenges. 

With SAS on Windows, you do need the bitness to match -- 64-bit SAS needs to use the 64-bit version of an ODBC driver.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please be aware that different versions of ODBC drivers may not behave exactly the same. I would recommend rigorously testing new drivers prior to rolling them out. 

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you all who took the time to reply. I was looking for a listing of current version of different ODBC drivers. Good points shared. I thank you!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation