BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I need some help about SAS license expiration. I am working remotely for a client and I received following warning message from user today:

SETINIT - Warning for SASSolaris

The following sas license warning has occurred when establishing a connection to the server SASSolaris

Warning: Your system is scheduled to expire on July ..... etc.

I am confused because I do not get such kind or warning on my EG. Also, I checked license on all servers using setinit proc and see expiration date next year.

There are multiple installation of 9.3 and 9.4 on servers.

What is this SASSolaris server and how can I check what is not licensed?I appreciate your answers because I have not much time.

Best regards,

Yordan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then you need to inspect the connection profile active in her EG. It will point you to the metadata and workspace servers she is using.

You can also right-click on the SASSolaris entry in her server list and select Properties. You will find the hostname of the machine on which the workspace server runs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Unfortunately, I did not get it. I did not receive any kind of warning messages on my machine. I missed to to mention that I did not see any kind of warning message in log files too.

This messages was sent to me by an user. She told me that this message appears each time she starts Enetrprise Guide

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then you need to inspect the connection profile active in her EG. It will point you to the metadata and workspace servers she is using.

You can also right-click on the SASSolaris entry in her server list and select Properties. You will find the hostname of the machine on which the workspace server runs.

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

OK Kurt. Thanks for quick response.

I will follow your advice and I will update the issue as soon as I have new information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation