BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RoderickNeal
Calcite | Level 5

I need to change the xml definition for a specific service. After I modify the xml and stop the given process. what badmin and lsfadmin steps must I follow so that my change is picked up.

3 REPLIES 3
doug_sas
SAS Employee

LSF Services are managed a number of different ways. You can use the SAS Grid Manager Module for SAS Environment Manager or Platform RTM for SAS web interfaces along with the 'egosh' command if you prefer a command line interface. 

The SGM and RTM web interfaces allow you to stop and start a service by selecting the service and performing the stop/start actions.

egosh would require you to

1. logon (egosh user logon -u admin -x <admin_pwd>)
  2. restart the service (egosh service instance restart -s <service_name>)
  3. logoff (egosh user logoff)

I found more information about egosh command here.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @RoderickNeal

badmin and lsadmin reconfigures different configuration files so depending on which file are you going to change you have to run the respective command. Check this handy note on which command reloads which config files.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSETD4_9.1.3/lsf_admin/cluster_reconfig.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
A

doug_sas
SAS Employee

@Anand_V, lsadmin and badmin do not process the EGO configuration files located in $LSF_TOP/conf/ego.

For processing the EGO configuration files and managing the EGO services, you must use the 'egosh' command.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation