BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nishukhawale
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am refering the following document perticularly section

Configuring Web Authentication Starting with the Second Maintenance Release for SAS 9.4

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/68217/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1bhp608f0hsoen10i1...

I have made the changes as asked in the document but I am bit confuse in step 7 to 9,can any body help me out with these steps.

also I have sasdemo as LDAP user which is getting log in in SAS Mobile BI but for other users it is not happening.

Thanks&Regards

Nishant 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Steps 7-9 are important in order to get metadata identities set up for all of the users you're intending to access Web applications.  You essentially assign them to a new authentication domain (web).  They allow you to establish authorization settings for them.  The sasdemo userid no doubt already exists in metadata, as that typically gets set up during initial deployment.  Note that this section applies to the second maintenance of 9.4.  In the third maintenance, SAS can create these metadata identities automatically upon successful Web authentication of a given user (covered in the ensuing section of the doc you cited).

If you continue to have issues in setting this up, SAS Technical Support should be able to help.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Steps 7-9 are important in order to get metadata identities set up for all of the users you're intending to access Web applications.  You essentially assign them to a new authentication domain (web).  They allow you to establish authorization settings for them.  The sasdemo userid no doubt already exists in metadata, as that typically gets set up during initial deployment.  Note that this section applies to the second maintenance of 9.4.  In the third maintenance, SAS can create these metadata identities automatically upon successful Web authentication of a given user (covered in the ensuing section of the doc you cited).

If you continue to have issues in setting this up, SAS Technical Support should be able to help.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

1) are you creating users manually or through AD sync ?

2) either case, look at the accounts tab for the user and there should be two logins defined . One being Defaulthauth with domain\user id and another one with web authentication domain with only user id.

3) The login with web authentication is used for Windows integrated authentication.

4) When a users try to open the link, (use google chrome, if you use i.e you have to make changes to accept IWA) , the keytab (if you use spn ) will be matched against realm to generate the token (once succesful ) .

Best,
Sai Korrapati

Sai Korrapati

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation