BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Kannand you are asking a question for a tool usage but not mentioning the goal.
The old adigm: When you know a hammer everything becomes a nail (also scerws).

There is release management.  That is going through the development / test / uat / production stages
There is version segregation between the developers, creating braches of code as everybode has has own. 
These are twe different moves like a vertical and horizontal direction.  This is all about like a COBOL language environment. The SAS code program as separate file looks like a COBOL source altough it is a interpreter.

The midtier SAS metadata is not a source like system like COBOL.  The midtier java container is not  a source like system like COBOL . These are just two of the many component in a SAS eco-system where a classic Verion/release system will cause a lot of headaches. They must be extracted first and handling using alls SAS specifics in that step and than later getting exported with SAS specifics.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
2 REPLIES 2
kannand
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for following up @jakarman Sorry if I was unclear.   

I am trying to find out if there is a tool that can be used for deploying SAS code in a Unix environment, an equivalent of "Changeman" or "Endevor" that exists on a Mainframe environment.  

Hope this helps...!!!

Kannan Deivasigamani
jakarman
Barite | Level 11
I understood your question. The release mangèrent also indicated dtap is a very problematic topic.

The developing of code you make is possible that way but it is not commonly accepted by SAS institute.
Whatever you do with a tool it is about the goal the dtap segregation as with scrum itil being in the working set. It is bad not what you wanted to hear.
You would have liked an answer like use svn (possible with Sas di) or Jenkins or git. Sorry it is not that way.
---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation