Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Job arenot completing through LSF schedular SAS

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Job arenot completing through LSF schedular SAS

Hi all ,

I am running sas flow from LSF first time and job are hanging from last 2 days .

Licesnse are renewed and we are able to connect to LSF.

Please  suggest some thing. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-25-2017 07:36 AM
Contributor

Re: Job arenot completing through LSF schedular SAS

HI all,

I have one entry in lsf.conf file which  in LSF_TOP/conf as LSF_AM_OPTIONS=AMNEVER then restart the services , now it is running fine.

Thanks every buddy for contribution and guidence.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Make sure that the batch jobs write logs to an accessible location. Use logparms="write=immediate", so that all steps are written to the log without delay, and inspect the logs of your hanging jobs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Contributor

Please tell in which file i Should make changes and log folder is accessible .

Many thanks in adavnce

Super User

On the SAS commandline, -log controls where a log file is written, and -logparm controls how the log is written.

So you need to look in the LSF job definition for the SAS commandline call.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can Please tell how to  change -logparm in details as i am new to Technology Do I need to make changes while deploying job or in server i need to changes.

In addition i have tried,I took the command from DI and ran it on server it is able to run and generate log file also.

Super User

From what I see in the documentation for LSF with DI Studio, LSF uses a SAS Data Step Batch Server for execution. So you can get the configuration from the server definition in SAS metadata (Management Console).

SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

the following gives examples of how to use/set the logparm:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lesysoptsref/69799/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0fmptfnyvi1n...

http://support.sas.com/kb/10/110.html

What SAS version are you running, on whish OS?

Do you know if this ever worked before, or is it a new install?

Thanks

Anja

Contributor

HI,

We are using SAS 9.3 on linux OS and recently we have installed the LSF in our Envinorment and after installation it didnt worked.

Will Changing parameter is enough to resolve this problem ?

Please help me to resolve this.

Super User

[ Edited ]

MG18 wrote:

HI,

We are using SAS 9.3 on linux OS and recently we have installed the LSF in our Envinorment and after installation it didnt worked.

Will Changing parameter is enough to resolve this problem ?

No. Setting the logparm causes the log to be written immediately, so a job that runs into an infinite loop or similar will at least have written the code causing it to the log.

Right now we are at a stage where we try to enable you to look for the cause of your problem.

Additionally, you should monitor your server where the jobs are supposed to run to see if the jobs are actually started by LSF (new SAS or SAS-related process appears in the process list). Once you have confirmed that processes have started, you can monitor them for resource consumption, mainly CPU cyles/ticks, to see if they are actually doing something.

You are no longer in a world where popping in a disc and hitting "Start" is sufficient. You need to get a grasp what the systems you are using are doing in detail, how they run, how they need to be configured, and so on. There is a reason why people like me (and hopefully you, at least one day) get paid the big bucks.

SAS Super FREQ

[ Edited ]

Hi MG18,

maybe the best way to proceed here is contacting Tech Support:

http://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html#contact-technical-support or call +1-800-727-0025

They'll help you troubleshoot the problem and point you into the right direction.

Thanks

Anja

Solution
‎01-25-2017 07:36 AM
Contributor

HI all,

I have one entry in lsf.conf file which  in LSF_TOP/conf as LSF_AM_OPTIONS=AMNEVER then restart the services , now it is running fine.

Thanks every buddy for contribution and guidence.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation