BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have deleted a flow from SAS Management Console. Now it should NOT supposed to be present in IBM Process Flow Manager.

But the same deleted job is present on Flow Manager and has been running on daily basis based on its scheduled time.

Can you please clarify me on the below queries?

1. How can I retrieve the same job in SAS MC now so that I can remove it properly from MC & Flow Manager as well?

2. How can I remove the same job from Schedule Manager of SAS MC? so that it wont be present on Flow Manager.

I know I can delete the this flow from Flow Manager directly by selecting "REMOVE FLOW" but the solution should be like If I delete it from SAS MC then automatically it should get also removed from Flow Manager as well.

Thanks,

RaviSPR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RaviSPR,

let me explain: SMC is just a interface, and all objects from metadata are, in the end, just observations in internal SAS datasets (Foundation).

This means, when you delete the metadata object (the Flow), you only delete the metadata content, but not the real flow itself.

For deleting the Flow in IBM Process Manager, you need to unschedule the flow.

Now, that you do not have the metadata Flow, you can only stop and delete the Flow from the Process Manager interface.

Once you do this, you can create the Flow again in the metadata, and schedule it. This will re-create the Flow in Process manager.

And remember, when you want to remove the actual Flow, you need first to un-schedule it, and, optionally, if you won;t use it anymore, you can delete it from the SAS metadata.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
angian
SAS Employee

The same place in SAS MC where you deleted the flow you would have seen an option to unschedule.

unschedule is what removes it from Flow Manager.  Delete removes it from SAS Metadata.

RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank You.

But what would be the reason that the deleted flow is running on Flow Manager however it doesn't appears on SAS MC?

Thanks

RaviSPR

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RaviSPR,

let me explain: SMC is just a interface, and all objects from metadata are, in the end, just observations in internal SAS datasets (Foundation).

This means, when you delete the metadata object (the Flow), you only delete the metadata content, but not the real flow itself.

For deleting the Flow in IBM Process Manager, you need to unschedule the flow.

Now, that you do not have the metadata Flow, you can only stop and delete the Flow from the Process Manager interface.

Once you do this, you can create the Flow again in the metadata, and schedule it. This will re-create the Flow in Process manager.

And remember, when you want to remove the actual Flow, you need first to un-schedule it, and, optionally, if you won;t use it anymore, you can delete it from the SAS metadata.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank You Juan. Now I understand it.

Thank You ALL.

Regards,

RaviSPR

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I have to chime in with @RaviSPR, it makes little sense to keep a flow scheduled if you delete the metadata registration.
There should at least be a verification response alternative to remove the flow from the scheduler.
Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

One reason why this happens in my view is because IBM LSF / Process Platform Manager and SAS are two separate products and the linkages between SAS Schedule Manager and LSF are quite limited. It's like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Another feature of the limited linkages is having to supply your username / password a second time when scheduling a job in SMC, despite already having supplied them when starting up SMC (at least in SAS9.4M2 / LSF9.1). I'm probably not alone in thinking the two products could work a bit smarter together.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation