BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sriram_sethurama
Calcite | Level 5

I have installed VMware Player for Windows and loaded SAS University edition for VMware on it.

I used it successfully while in office.

I am now logged in from home using WIFI.

The application once loaded starts fine, but when I try to start the app in IE. It does not load.

What could be the issue? Any help here would be great.

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

well, I am not sure about other colleagues here, but I still cannot understand, exactly the problem.

So there are 2 situations/status: you working in the office and you working at home. At first sight I would not say there should be a difference...

What I don;t understand is what exactly means "the application once loaded starts fine". Do you mean that the VM machine is UP and it is showing the message that you can start making use of it and it shows the URL?

I don;t understant what you mean when "it does not load". Any message in your IE or the VM?

By the way, what I would check:

- is the VM installed on your computer/laptop on both situations? Same installation?

- do you wait until the VM is fully started and it shows the URL?

- do you delete the browser cache (IE)?

- if any of this works: do you have any specific configuration on your VMWare Player to be attached to any of your network cards? Is it making use of NAT?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation