BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

We have cloned the server from One environment to other environment. Each environment have different license file. We have new product for the new environment. So I have launched SAS Deployment wizard to install. Once launching SDW it starts with update for the tools, it didnt showed for the new product to be installed. So i proceed with update for SAS foundation and related software. Once its done it started to configuration. At that point of time configuration failed due to below error.

"The launch of the Configuration script for SAS Enterprise Guide server data  could not be determined

SAS Enterprise guide  server data 7.15 is not installed to this  SAS HOme."

I have checked under sashome --> i couldnt see the latest version of SAS Enterprise guide server data 7.15. Also same error for SAS visual analytics data builder, exploration etc. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the completed SAS Foundation 

Or by remove configuration files for complete SAS products and reconfigure will it work. Please suggest me to resolve the issue ASAP. 

5 REPLIES 5
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
With an error like that I highly suggest you write to the SAS technical hotline directly.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@karthic2612 wrote:

We have cloned the server from One environment to other environment. Each environment have different license file.

VERY.BAD.IDEA.

The amount of software installed by the SDW depends on the SID (license) file used during the installation. It's even the case that what you get in a software order is tied in with the license file included in the order. This means that one of your servers will have a software setup that doesn't correspond to the license (and also plan) file, and from there you have to expect problems.

Create a separate software depot for every software order (site number), and run the SDW from that depot; don't mix things up.

I strongly advise to completely remove the "cloned" server and install it from scratch from the correct depot. Only clone servers if you intend them to be a 1:1 backup for failover.

karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

To answer for your this

Create a separate software depot for every software order (site number), and run the SDW from that depot; don't mix things up. --->Yes I have used a separate Software depot for installing a new product. And I have ran SDW from that depot.

Thanks

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@karthic2612 wrote:

Hi,

To answer for your this

Create a separate software depot for every software order (site number), and run the SDW from that depot; don't mix things up. --->Yes I have used a separate Software depot for installing a new product. And I have ran SDW from that depot.

Thanks

That won't help you much, as your existing installation from the clone doesn't match up to what the SDW expects (as it was made from a non-matching depot). Remove the whole installation, do the install from the original depot created from the original order for that particular environment, and then install additional software from the new depot.

Do never take shortcuts when installing SAS software. Follow the instructions letter by letter, or you'll end up with lots of pain. Take this advice from someone who has installed 6.11, 6.12, 8.0, 8.02, 9.1.3, 9.2 and 9.4 on Windows and UNIX and has spent lots of blood, sweat, toil and tears along the way.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @karthic2612,

I am not that in opposition to cloned server as @Kurt_Bremser is, as long as the technical cloning is OK and aligned with SAS specifications/needs, and the fees/contract for the licenses with SAS are clear. However, and I agree with him in this part very much, it is true that this alignment requires a lot of experience and knowledge with SAS Solutions, and not everyone has it.

Do you have this same problem for each original or cloned server? To me, I would say there might a problem with the original installation, what was patched manually... probably even the deplpoyment plan file had errors and was ... troubleshooted/workarounded on a way that the SDM cannot find how to update the config appropiately.

I can align with @Criptic 's suggestion: the best you can do is to contact SAS Technical Support and get great help from them. Someone should give a look and touch your environment.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation