BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

Good afternoon (if you live in California):

Using Supported Operating Systems, I notice that AIX 7.2 is not mentioned in the dropdown menu or news section.  AIX 7.1 is supported at the A level.

Via a question to this community, I see that at least one person has installed SAS 9.4 on AIX 7.2.  

I am unable to install SAS software that isn't supported by the vendor.  Will there be a formal announcement that AIX 7.2 is supported?

Thank you,

Kim LeBouton

6 REPLIES 6
alexal
SAS Employee

@KimLeBouton,

Yes, it is supported as confirmed under the Operating System section at this link. Minor version updates are supported.

http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/baseline_plus.html

MargaretC
SAS Employee

Kim,

The tool lists the baseline version of AIX support by the version of SAS.  The "and higher" needs to be added to the baseline version.  So yes, AIX 7.2 is supported.

Margaret

KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

Nice surprise to see that this question was asked 5+ years ago and by moi! LOL

Just wondering if anyone has AIX 7.2 and SAS 9.3? We are using M1.

We are preparing to do an SAS 9.4M8 install, but we would prefer to allow the OSLEVEL upgrade to occur first. SAS 9.3 will be production until successful installation and testing.

Kim

Morse_Bill
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS 9.4M8 is supported, I believe, on AIX 7.2.5.4. 

I have it working on that OSLEVEL.

Simple installation, with mid-tier supporting EG..

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In such cases, I have always set up a completely new server with the new system and installed the newest SAS release. Then I set up the data warehouse there and tested it. Only when its working was proven, did we switch over.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I recommend just leaving your SAS 9.3 installation as is and install 9.4 on separate hardware or VM as suggested by @Kurt_Bremser.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation