BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tausendSASsa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

i installed SAS 9.4 Middle-Tier on a Windows Server 2016. Afterwards i installed the Client Tools EMiner, TextMiner, Forecast Clients, Management Console and Enterprise Guide. All Clients are seem to work well except the SAS EG. I already did all tests recommended in the SAS Documentation for Enterprise Guide troubleshooting.

1. Connecting to the new SAS Middle-Tier using SAS EG from another Platform functions.
  2. The Object Spawner is running.
  3. I can connect to the Middle-tier using the „no Profile Selected“ Option (Seeing only the Libraries and Directorys).
  4. I tested the connection to SAS Servers from SAS Integration Technologies Client and it works as well.

I don't know if there is something that can be still configured for SAS EG? I thought that it maybe could be a problem with the Deployment plan or the Site i'm using for the installation, could this be possible, or can i already exclude these options?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tausendSASsa
Fluorite | Level 6
I have solved the Problem now. The thought with the SAS Integration Technologies was actually right. I found out, that there exists a new Hotfix for SAS IT 9.45. After I applied it, all tests went well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why are you talking about connecting EG to a SAS Middle-Tier server? EG opens a workspace server session on the SAS Application server. There is no point installing it on a SAS Middle-Tier server. It should be installed on PCs and you should test connecting to your SAS metadata server from there.

tausendSASsa
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi SASKiwi,

to be more precisely - we use a Terminal Server where we installed the clients. Testing the Tools on the Terminal Server, EG threw the Exception while trying to use a connection profile that it is unable to connect to metadata server. Therefore i installed it on the middle-tier server for testing purposes ( I tried to establish a local connection). At the moment i think that there is a problem with the Sas Integration Technologies Installation, as i assume we got files with different Versions. The whole scenario occured in a testing environment after initial Installation of SAS 9.4 M5 on a Windows Server 2016.

You ever experienced something similar?

Best Regards
SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, I understand it can be useful for testing purposes. Actually it is more common practice to install client tools on the SAS metadata server, like SAS Management Console and EG (only works on Windows servers).

tausendSASsa
Fluorite | Level 6
I have solved the Problem now. The thought with the SAS Integration Technologies was actually right. I found out, that there exists a new Hotfix for SAS IT 9.45. After I applied it, all tests went well.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation