BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kruzewski
Calcite | Level 5

Has anyone else experienced a significant throttling back of memory usage after applying the hotfix associated w/ the problem note below?

http://support.sas.com/kb/39/615.htm

I know that after applying the hotfix I should of see some gains in free memory, but my server went from averaging 32GB to 5GB of RAM utilization....Should I be conerned?.....or was the memory issue that BIG?

1 REPLY 1
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

We have 16GB Memory, and are running windows 2008 (not r2), and found that installing the Windows patch mentioned in the SN. This resolved our issue of the SAS process consuming all the memory and making the machine unresponsive - we didn't look at the utilisation etc.  We have also set the environment var as stated in the SN (and SAS TS) but this was to resolve a periodic I/O error (which it didn't).

Interesting the SN says "Earlier versions of this SAS note suggested a Microsoft hot fix. However, additional testing showed that the Microsoft hot fix had little impact."

Barry

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation