BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NScheperle
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to create a join index between two tables using this command, but I get this message:

ixutil -crejidx [table1],[column1] [table2],[column2] -libpath [library location] -joinparts 4

ERROR: Join index name exceeds max lengh of 80

Error Performing Index Utility. Processing aborted

The would-be index name is [table2].jdx[column2].[table1].jdx[column1].0.0.0.spds9, which is 89 characters long.

My question is, is it possible to specify a join index name or do I need to rename the columns/tables? I want to avoid this as it may present other difficulties/annoyances in the ETL process. 

We're on SPDS 4.5.

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Please provide the actual ixutil code.
Data never sleeps
NScheperle
Fluorite | Level 6

What do you mean by the actual ixutil code? Do you mean the code underlying the unix command? I don't know how to find that. I provided the command I was using:

ixutil -crejidx [table1],[column1] [table2],[column2] -libpath [library location] -joinparts 4

I don't want to provide my specific table and column names.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you can't share the actual log it's impossible to rule out typos.
If you think that your table names are that secret try to recreate with some made up table/column names.
Data never sleeps
NScheperle
Fluorite | Level 6

Okay,

ixutil -crejidx longer_table_name1,column_name_thats_too_long shrtr_tbl_nm,column_name -libpath /libraryfolder -joinparts 4

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
It doesn't help much if we can't see the full log.
Given that there are no typos, the message indicates a limitation, which I haven't found in the documentation. In that situation I would suggest that you open a track to SAS tech support to have them explain this.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation