BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

we are using sas9.3 and jboss as content server .

when i ran above command it gives exception :-

/jboss/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/bin/SASServer1.sh  stop

Exception :- 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to authenticate principal=admin, securityDomain=jmx-console
at org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:89)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264).

How to stop this server ?

8 REPLIES 8
SSA1
Fluorite | Level 6
Below link may help you to resolve this issue.  http://support.sas.com/kb/46/371.html. 
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Above metioned link is not available.Please check .

SSA1
Fluorite | Level 6

http://support.sas.com/kb/46/371.html

Pls check this link. this may helpful.

dpage
SAS Employee

If you don't have the credentials to pass to stop (as indicated in the note) you can use the kill argument instead - it's not the graceful shutdown you'd get, but it's better than terminating the process. 

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Right now , i am killing the all process to stop server but it is not a good way so i want to stop it 

dpage
SAS Employee

Then you'll need to pass credentials to the shutdown script as directed in http://support.sas.com/kb/46/371.html

"To work around the problem, add the -u user-name -p password options to the shutdown.sh section of the SASServer1.sh script.

Note: The user name and password are defined in the jmx-console-users.properties file that resides in the JBoss-home-directory/server/SASServer1/conf/props/ directory."

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

HI , i have made the changes in  both file but problem i sstill there. Can please review both files 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MG18,

while I understand you might feel disoriented, please help us to help you. It might sound harsh (not my intention), but just wanna help you there.

First, please take your time to read the note, it is indeed what you need to follow. And read it well. Meaning: you changed 2 files, the note and the advise only mentions one file, the shutdown.sh script. THe other file is to take the right user and password, to be used on the shutdown.sh script.

Second, the note mentions an specific version of jBoss. Did you checked yours is the same than the SAS note mentions? Just to confirm the advise is correct in your case.

Third, you are asking to check your files... but they are not added as attachment, therefore we cannot review. (And please be aware, if you do this, the passwords on those files will be public to any SAS Communities user. Therefore, you might want to send those in private or directly to SAS Technical Support).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation