Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

How to specify the emailid option in the cfg-file

Super Contributor

How to specify the emailid option in the cfg-file

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with specify the email-option in the cfg-file on a multi-user server. I would like to specify the emailid it in the cfg, and afterwars restrict users from change the option. This is because I don't want anyone to send email which looks like they are from someone else.

I guess that it will be something like this below, but it doesn't Work. Using this option causing email to be sent from "!username", and it does not replace !username with the users id.

-emailid "!USERNAME@abc.de"

Regular Contributor

Re: How to specify the emailid option in the cfg-file

You can find the documentation to restrict system options in: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwincg/64431/PDF/default/config.pdf

Super Contributor

Re: How to specify the emailid option in the cfg-file

Thank you, CTorres. I have now solved half of the problem. I found out how to restrict other users from changing the emailid option. The part of the cfg-file considering the email-options should be in a separate file and this should be saved in the "rstropts"-folder. This is by the way a very useful feature also to other parts of the configuation.

But still, I have not figuret out how to specify users own loginname in the emailid option. The "!username" does not work here.  It does not change !username to the user's name as it does in otherparts of the configuration-file.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation