BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ricardo_Rogeri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I need run a sas project in java client application with IOM library but i dont locate one sample for this.

Exists this sample?

Tanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you "only" have EG on your desktop, you need to have .egp files, as a .sas does not have the necessary connection informations that tell EG where/how to run the SAS program.

If you want to run a .sas file (which is a simple text file containing SAS code), you have to store it where the sas executable on the SAS server can see it (network share, or copy it to the server with SFTP), and then start sas remotely (eg via SSH). But in this case you also have to worry about what to do with the results.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The Integrated Object Model library deals with connection to servers, but the .egp files are native to the Enterprise Guide client application.

I don't think you will find anything that deals with egp files in the IOM library.

Even running EG projects in batch (scheduler) requires EG to be present as a kind of interpreter.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

And if you want to run a .sas (SAS program) file, you need the SAS Foundation, and basically run it as sas program.sas from the commandline or using the systems exec() call

Ricardo_Rogeri
Calcite | Level 5

Ok. I understand.

But i try with exec() and dont work because not exists "SAS.exe" in my machine, only sas enterpise.

But thankyou for help

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you "only" have EG on your desktop, you need to have .egp files, as a .sas does not have the necessary connection informations that tell EG where/how to run the SAS program.

If you want to run a .sas file (which is a simple text file containing SAS code), you have to store it where the sas executable on the SAS server can see it (network share, or copy it to the server with SFTP), and then start sas remotely (eg via SSH). But in this case you also have to worry about what to do with the results.

anja
SAS Employee

Are you looking to run a specific project, such as EG, or another client's project, such as EMiner or any other SAS solutions?

Ricardo_Rogeri
Calcite | Level 5

I need to run a specific project, .sas or .epg

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation