Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

How to repair a corrupted project respository

Trusted Advisor

How to repair a corrupted project respository

Dear all,

I am facing an interesting problem, which I already have on a track with SAS Technical Supoprt, but maybe you do have any insight oin it, my dear colleagues.

It seems as one project repository was corrupted, on the way that while it is Online, the full Metadata gets on Paused state. It cannot be unregistered or delete (I can move the physical repo, but it does not help) therepo.

Errors  on those case are:

INTERNAL ERROR: Class ID AQ has been assigned to more than one class.  Contact SAS Technical Support.

INTERNAL ERROR: Class ID AR has been assigned to more than one class.  Contact SAS Technical Support.

Repository 610488 is not properly initialized.  Look for details earlier in the server log.  An administrator should analyze and repair this repository.

UndoCheckoutLogical return code=807feace

DoRequest return code=807feace....

I can put it on Administration mode, in order to let DI-Clear Checkouts to work ( http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/68225/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p09y0k48myiny1n0zhvb...), but then I cannot clear it, the error is such as: 

Error clearing project: Repository XXXX is not properly initialized. Look for details earlier in the server log. An administrator should analyze and repair this repository.

Meaning, back to the initial error.

"Funny"  thing: for now, this metadata environment only works when the project repo is Offline, and, in the meanwhile, increasing errors/corruption is happening. The latest: it is not possible to create/modify any Scheduled Flow.

So, how to repair a project repository that cannot be cleaned?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Juan

PROC Star

Re: How to repair a corrupted project respository

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Hi Juan, That's an interesting one and I'd be keen to hear how you resolve it.

Did you try to do an analyze/repair on the project repository? I assume you have but since you didn't mention it I thought I'd would ask.

If you have the opportunity to stop/start the SAS metadata server, I did notice some special omaconfig.xml file tags that can be temporarily added to make the SAS metadata server do analyze/repair during startup. I don't know if this would help but it's something I might try if I was in your situation. They are mentioned in SAS Usage Note 36575: New XML tags are available for the omaconfig.xml file to analyze and repair a ....

Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to PaulHomes

Hello Paul,

many thanks for your answer, good quality as always.

I took both approaches when the first incident happened, and before leaving the corrupted repository on a Offline repository.

Does your approach also clean the project repository from every checked in metadata objects?

PROC Star

[ Edited ]

Hi Juan,

Thankfully, I haven't had a need to use this feature as yet Smiley Wink

I don't imagine it would undo project repository checkouts, but it is something I would look at in terms of trying to get the metadata repositories into a state where I might be able to then undo the checkouts myself. I don't know if it will fix your problem but it might be worth a try if you are stuck. In this instance I think SAS Tech Support will be in a better position to help you solve it.

Best of luck

Paul

Super User

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is any help or not. I don't use DI Studio but we did strike a very similar problem with SAS VA just recently where a report got corrupted because of a duplicate object ID. This SAS note explains the problem:

http://support.sas.com/kb/54/676.html

We were able to recover the report by following the instructions to export the XML report definition, manually edit it, remove the duplicate and then re-import it.

I'm wondering if a similar approach is possible with your project repository? 

Trusted Advisor

Hello @SASKiwi,

many thanks for your idea, at this moment any idea is welcome.

I also found that problem with VA reports, although that problem talks about "corruption" in the SAS Content Server repository.

For a better understanding, this problem is about a DI project repository (metadata), which has got checked in items, and got corrupted, therefore cannot be attached to the Foundation metadata respository anymore, but this also means it cannot be deleted, or even cleant.

Contributor

Hi @JuanS_OCS

Have you tried to repair and analyze the metadata?
If yes, could you share the outcome?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n17yu4s573nxz0n1ts0c...

Also, if any solution was provided by the SAS Technical Support?

Thanks,
Anand!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation