Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

How to migrate user/groups from SAS 9.2 with OS as AIX to SAS 9.4 with OS as Linux

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to migrate user/groups from SAS 9.2 with OS as AIX to SAS 9.4 with OS as Linux

Hi All,

I have a requirement to migrate users,groups and roles in my organization from SAS 9.2 with operating system as AIX to SAS 9.4 with operating system as Linux.

Can you please help with the ways, either by export wizard from 9.2 SMC or code.

Regards,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-26-2017 01:31 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: How to migrate user/groups from SAS 9.2 with OS as AIX to SAS 9.4 with OS as Linux

If you are not used with migrations, I would recommend you to sue SMU, before manual promotion. It will be easier and quicker for you. This will migrate users, miner projects, almost everything in one go. EG projects you will need to migrate with the EG migration wizard.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Re: How to migrate user/groups from SAS 9.2 with OS as AIX to SAS 9.4 with OS as Linux

Hello @abhijit_das,

the migration of metadata security (users, groups, servers, acts) it is almost transparent between operating systems.

Please see: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/How-to-migrate-user-groups-from-SAS-9-2...

In case the OS domain or username ids change, then it is a different story, but if the users and the domain will be the same, you can just migrate "as is".

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Juan for the reply.

We will keep the domain as it is from the source server. Could you please recommend the effective way, either SMU or macro code.

Regards,

Abhijit

Trusted Advisor

What is the SAS solution you are going to migrate? I generally prefer the partial promotion, but SMU is interesting sometimes, and other times it is a must, because the solution requires to use it.

Occasional Contributor

We dont use any solutions as such..we just use base sas, EG and EM in 9.2

Regards,

Abhijit

Solution
‎04-26-2017 01:31 AM
Trusted Advisor

If you are not used with migrations, I would recommend you to sue SMU, before manual promotion. It will be easier and quicker for you. This will migrate users, miner projects, almost everything in one go. EG projects you will need to migrate with the EG migration wizard.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Juan.

Much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Abhijit

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation