BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

I have a SAS environment 9.4 on one server and Oracle database on other server.Now for some reasons we need to change the oracle server as well Oracle SID, but the main concern is how to adapt the SAS environment with this new modification. could kindly explain how please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Interesting.  I was able to find this:  http://support.sas.com/kb/51/411.html.  It might help you figure out what is going on.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS product do you use to communicate with Oracle? SAS/ACCESS to Oracle or something else?

You will most likely have Oracle client software installed on your SAS server containing a setup file called TNSNAMES.ORA. This file needs to be configured with your new server settings.

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

SAS/ACCESS to Oracle is existing but can't load the error appear as  below :

ERROR: Could not load /home/u01/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sasora (57 images loaded)
ERROR: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
143 LIBNAME tst_lib ORACLE PATH=EEALBB USER=casemgmt PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;
ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA found but not loadable..
Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly.
Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.
Other possible reasons - incomplete Oracle client install, 32/64-bit mismatch between Oracle client & SAS, incorrect Oracle client
version(Oracle client must match the version picked during post-install process), incompatible sasora for your OS or its
attribs don't permit SAS to load it.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It looks like there is an issue with your Oracle client. Is the Oracle client installed on the SAS server? If so, was it recently changed? Do you have SAS/Access to Oracle licensed? When did your Oracle connections last work?

Can you show what's in your sasenv_local file?
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

@Timmy2383 thank you very much for your solutions it solve the problem. I face a new problem as below kindly give your advices

error2.png

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It looks like your workspace server is configured for LATIN1, not UTF-8. UTF-8 can accommodate most non-Roman characters, as it looks like you're doing.

You should be able to override the default locale in you config file. I will give you more details once I am able to log into work.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here's the SAS documentation regarding session encoding and how to change it:

http://support.sas.com/kb/51/586.html

Alternativley, you should be able to just add a parameter to the sasv9_local.cfg file in <sashome>/SASFoundation/9.4.

You would add an option in this file. It should look something like this:  -ENCODING utf-8

In my environment, we originally configured as utf-8, but then I realized that alot of people that would be migrating from old servers to the new servers had all of their datasets encoded with latin1. So we added "-ENDODING utf-8" to the sasv9_local.cfg file.

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

@Timmy2383 Smiley Wink

the command run successfully but in the data stored in  database it appear (???????)

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you verify that the Oracle database supports utf-8? Also, can you create a test dataset with the value you're trying to insert? If it looks correct in the SAS datasets but not the Oracle database, I would assume that the Oracle database needs to be configured to support utf-8 encoding as well,
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

yes Oracle database supports utf-8 and  when i  create a test dataset to insert  Arabic  value. it appear Arabic also. so I am very confuse.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Interesting.  I was able to find this:  http://support.sas.com/kb/51/411.html.  It might help you figure out what is going on.

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

@Timmy2383 thank you very much for your effect. my problem solved after i do all previous steps and restart objectSponer.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Excellent! Glad you got it fixed.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation