BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the the locale is set in the Intelligence Architecture.

Even if I in the Workspace server explicitly specify a locale, it seems to be overridden by the different clients locale settings.

The specific example I'm working on right now is an OLAP cube, which browsed via a WRS report.

Any hint on what papers/documentation that describes this issue is appreciated, since NLS ref guide is not much help hereSmiley Sad.

Br,

Linus

Data never sleeps
3 REPLIES 3
Donna_SAS
SAS Employee

Please share a bit more information about which version of SAS you are running and your overall topology (how many machines, OS, etc).  SAS has continued to refine the handling of locale and encoding settings.  With a littl emore background, I can route your question to get a current answer. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS 9.2TSM3.

SAS servers(test + prod) running on Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

Mid-tier has the same set up, using WebLogic.

Clients (IE, EG, AMO) is currently running Win XP.

Data never sleeps
ehbales
SAS Employee

Hi Linus,

You mention that you have an OLAP cube you want to browse from your WRS report. Is the language of the locale you are using already in the cube? If it is not, you will have to rebuild the cube to add the language. Someone sent me the link below which may be helpful to you.

If the language is already in the cube, what language were you expecting to see?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/olapug/63148/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1vsrgv717jpj3n1d5h...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation