BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Anne2
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I would like to start using the option "memlib". But I can't find a clear explanation of how to change the system option so that I can use that statement. Has anyone experience with this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Maxim 6, leading to Maxim 1:

Do a google search for "sas memlib option".

The first hit is http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/69955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n06sv2f5uly1cin1k2..., which is the SAS documentation for this optionm in the Windows Companion.

There you find these two important items:

Valid in: configuration file, SAS invocation

and

Syntax

So you know what to write, and where: you either specify -memlib in one of the configuration files pertinent for your SAS session, or you add it to the commandline used to start that SAS session.
Which configuration file to use or how you add it to the commandline depends on the way the SAS session is started (in batch mode, with Display Manager from the Windows Desktop, or from a SAS client like Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I would say start by testing what it does by just adding it to the command line you use to start SAS.

sas -memlib -log test_with_memlib.log test.sas
sas -nomemlib test.sas
diff test.log test-with_memlib.log | more

Or are you launching SAS via Enterprise Guide, SAS/Studio or other method that does not involve actually running SAS directly? In those cases you will need to add the option to the code that launches or to the local config file that it is using. 

Anne2
Calcite | Level 5

.Thank you for your response. I use EG, so I will have to update the configuration files. Do you know by any chance how to do it with EG? I have found information on SAS base but not on EG

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Where you find the configuration file(s) depends on your overall setup. I could only help you with a client/server setup, which would mean that the server in the EG server list is named SASApp (default name). If, OTOH, you use "Local", then someone else needs to chime in.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Maxim 6, leading to Maxim 1:

Do a google search for "sas memlib option".

The first hit is http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/69955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n06sv2f5uly1cin1k2..., which is the SAS documentation for this optionm in the Windows Companion.

There you find these two important items:

Valid in: configuration file, SAS invocation

and

Syntax

So you know what to write, and where: you either specify -memlib in one of the configuration files pertinent for your SAS session, or you add it to the commandline used to start that SAS session.
Which configuration file to use or how you add it to the commandline depends on the way the SAS session is started (in batch mode, with Display Manager from the Windows Desktop, or from a SAS client like Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio)
Anne2
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, I will try to change the configuration file!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation