Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

How do i install sas on my computer which has no virtualization technology feature?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do i install sas on my computer which has no virtualization technology feature?

Hi,

I have toshiba laptop- windows 7- 64 bit, intel core 2 duo processor T600

My laptop does not have virtualization technology supported.

Is there a way i can still use SAS without the virtualization technolgy?

I am really struggling hard for this. Can you please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-14-2017 03:19 PM
Contributor

Re: How do i install sas on my computer which has no virtualization technology feature?

[ Edited ]

Hi @TanviMudhale

Are you trying to use SAS University Edition, Which I think uses the VT.
If you don't have VT Enabled I Don't think you would be able to use it. But you can try another alternative as below:

If you are student and want to learn SAS, then you can visit this link to understand how you can use SAS on Cloud free of charge -

http://support.sas.com/software/products/ondemand-academics/#s1=2

This would require internet connection. Link would also have quick guides on how you can register to start using it.

Product link can be viewed here - https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
AV

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-14-2017 03:19 PM
Contributor

Re: How do i install sas on my computer which has no virtualization technology feature?

[ Edited ]

Hi @TanviMudhale

Are you trying to use SAS University Edition, Which I think uses the VT.
If you don't have VT Enabled I Don't think you would be able to use it. But you can try another alternative as below:

If you are student and want to learn SAS, then you can visit this link to understand how you can use SAS on Cloud free of charge -

http://support.sas.com/software/products/ondemand-academics/#s1=2

This would require internet connection. Link would also have quick guides on how you can register to start using it.

Product link can be viewed here - https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
AV

New Contributor

Hi Anand,

Thank you for the response.

Yes i am a student and using University edition.
So the below mentioned link does not require VT, right??

Just an internet connection would do?

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Warm Regards,

Tanvi Mudhale

Member, Public Relations Cell

SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies

Lakshmipura Village,
Jigani Hobli, Anekal Taluk,
Bannerghatta Main Road, Bangalore – 560083, Karnataka, India.

Contributor

Yes, you would just have to register to start using. Kindly go through the details in the link that I have provided in the earlier reply.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
AV
New Contributor

Thanks a ton..!!!

This worked for me.. Thank you..Smiley Happy

Super User
Super User

Your best off speaking to SAS directly.  You can get SAS via Amazon Web Services, not sure how good that is/cost etc.  If your laptop doesn't support Virtualisation tech, then it may be an old machine, i.e. upgrade time.  Other options include installing it on a desktop soewhere which does have the v-tech, then having a desktop link to your laptop (would require a fair bit of setup - if it does work at all) or getting a license from SAS.  But they would be able to help you best, this is just a Q&A forums on the software.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation