BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nmilety
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm looking for some help troubleshooting a SAS 9.4 x64 install failure. I keep having a failure during install right at the 'SAS Providers for OLE DB (64-bit, English)' stage. The logs are a bit cryptic for me and, while I can sort of figure out the problem, I'm not entirely confident I can narrow down a root cause and fix it. Can anyone help, please? 

I've attached 5 of the 7 logging files that got created during the install that failed. Since this post only allows 5 attachments, I've ommitted the responserecord log file and the deploywiz log file. I can provide any additional information/files if necessary.

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The errors appear to relate to failures updating the Windows Registry. Are you sure your username has admin rights on your PC? 

nmilety
Calcite | Level 5

I do have Admin creds on my development VM. I am running the install from cmd window run as admin. How were you able to suggest that the permissions in registry might be an issue?

KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

I just received the same error message for a SAS 9.4M7 64-Bit install.  Any updates?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
If the install fails, there should be a popup message with details and the location of the log files.
Can you post it so that somebody may help.

Neil_Davis
Calcite | Level 5

I'm experiencing this same problem... Any help would be appreciated.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Looks like we are running "C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe", /s, "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASProvidersforOLEDB\9.47\sasafloc.dll" which is failing with exit code 3:

2021-04-20 15:39:21 BatchRegistrationTask - attempting to register C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASProvidersforOLEDB\9.47\sasafloc.dll by executing ["C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe", /s, "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASProvidersforOLEDB\9.47\sasafloc.dll"]
2021-04-20 15:39:21 BatchRegistrationTask - from C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASProvidersforOLEDB\9.47
2021-04-20 15:39:21 BatchRegistrationTask - register complete with exit value 3

Here is a SAS Note on that issue:

Problem Note 51956: SASComb.dll fails to register during the deployment process

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
nmilety
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, This was a few years ago for me now, and I've since moved onto a different job, so I don't really recall exactly. I believe there were a few Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables that I installed, which got it working. But I'm really not 100% sure since it was during the rush to refresh the lab software loadset, and I had hundreds of other software titles to package and troubleshoot. I hope that helps.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation