BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All

I need to read the 'DefaultValue'-attribute from the DiagramXml-property. (XML that control the formatting of the job in DI Studio)

Unfortunately the content of the attribute is more than 32767 chraracters long so i'm not able to read the full content.

spnrc = metadata_getattr(spuri,'DefaultValue',Jobxml);

Is there a way to read more than 32767 chars into a sas variable, use char functions on it and write it back?

4 REPLIES 4
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

I was affraid that this was the answer. Even the Metabrowser in DisplayManager are not able to display the value, so I think SAS has a little issue 🙂

Thanks for the fast reply and thank you for the reference to the Java Metadata Interface.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You could also consider using proc metadata to get the XML in a file and then process it using other tools/languages.

CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Paul

I'll definitely try that as a solution.

Until now I've been able to just use the Datastep Metadata Functions, but it seems that I have to explore the possibilities in using Proc Metadata.

Thank you for the answer!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation