BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MGC
Calcite | Level 5 MGC
Calcite | Level 5

When I tried to FTP the SAS statements to the mainframe, all sorts of invisible characters popped up in the CODE  .  Evidently each PC keystroke I originally entered while writing my SAS code on the PC ( including line break or tab or capital /lower case

characters) are transferred to the mainframe in the FTP process. 

for BASE SAS procedures - basic data steps and Proc tabulates the syntax is the same - so i thought i could place a "copy" of my code on the mainframe and simply add the necessary JCL and libname/library reference statments so it can find the data and generate my output. 

this question is NOT about moving SAS datasets between operating systems .  I am asking for the steps to follow to move my SAS programming statements from my PC where I have been running PC SAS to the MVS mainframe platform , 

1 REPLY 1
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Something else must be happening.

Make sure you have saved your code as a text file.

Make sure you have told FTP to copy the file as text rather than binary.

There are some characters that do not map between ASCII and EBCIDIC , but not that many.

Watch out for characters like: ^|[]{}~

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation