BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

SAS 9.2 on Windows...

From the Data Library Manager plugin, I RMB'd on one of the library objects, selected Register Tables, then Next.  I didn't pay attention to the metadata folder location (Note to SAS:  it would be nice if you asked me to confirm the folder location, rather than silently assuming I want them in /Shared).

So now I have a bunch of table objects in /Shared.  How do I move them en masse to my desired metadata folder?  From the Folders tab, doing them one by via via properties will take forever, selecting multiple items doesn't work, and neither does drag and drop.

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It seems when i SMC, you could from the Folder Tab, copy a bulk of objects to another folder, and then you have to manually delete the original ones.

In DI Studio, you have the option "Move to folder..." which would be nice to have in SMC as well.

Haven't checked 9.3, maybe this functionalty has been upgraded?

/Linus

Data never sleeps
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Just to clarify, we are DIS-interested in using DIS, so we don't have it.  I'm using SMC.

Copying them to a new folder would create new metadata object ID's, which in DIS would break the jobs.  However, since they are 1) new tables not yet references elsewhere, and 2) only there so they show up in EG, your suggestion could work for me.  Or I guess I could just delete the tables and reimport them, paying attention to that silent, grayed out option setting to select the metadata folder.

But moving en masse via SMC in an obvious way via the user interface would be nice.

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

A warning with the copy, and then deleting the old objects.  The copy creates new object ID's so any thing using those old tables objects will break.

Another example of where the interfaces are different between the SAS Clients, why isn't there a Move to folder in SMC like there is in DIS.

Barry

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation