BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JM7
Calcite | Level 5 JM7
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm investigating possible deletions in my DDS, do you know if exist any logs that contain the applied changes in a DDS?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

This is very cryptic.

Are you referring to the SAS® Detail Data Store?
If yes, which one? The one for insurance?

Thanks,

Koen

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If your data store i Base SAS, (without audit enabled - which is by far the most common), you have to resort to various SAS logs on you compute server.

For batch updates check under the BatchServer directory in your configuration.

Interactive SAS sessions use WorkspaceServer, but the default setting is not to keep logs stored on the server.

Data never sleeps
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

If you would like to capture full change details of your ETL loads you could consider this macro: https://core.sasjs.io/mp__storediffs_8sas.html

It could result in a very big audit table though, for a typical DDS ETL batch run.

Here is an example of tracking deletes using Data Controller:

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Assuming DDS stands for SAS Detailed Data Store then it depends how/where it's installed. If it's SAS tables then the only place where you could find any information about deletions are SAS logs. If "deletion" has been done properly then at least for SCD2 type tables there wouldn't be an actual deletion but just an expiration of a row and these you could identify in the table.

If the DDS has been installed on a database then there might be some DB logging turned on that keeps track of deletions. You would need to talk to a DBA to figure out what logging level has been turned on and how to access this log information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation