BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

We are in the process of switching to Viya.  I have my Viya environment pulling users and groups (some nested) from Active Directory.  I am using Row-Level Filtering on many of my data sets, based on "... IN ('SUB::SAS.IdentityGroups')".  As an administrator, I would like to have a script that I can run for trouble-shooting that will list, for any given user, their SAS.IdentityGroups...as Viya would see them in the Row-Level Filtering.  Is this possible?  I have searched, hoping that a SAS Studio script that might be usable, but I have not found anything.  Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The REST endpoint https://<viya.example.com>/identities/users/<uid>/memberships?depth=-1 would return a list of the user <uid>'s group memberships.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The REST endpoint https://<viya.example.com>/identities/users/<uid>/memberships?depth=-1 would return a list of the user <uid>'s group memberships.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

Perfect!  This is exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you @gwootton 

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @rgreen33,

Here are a couple of options for working with users and groups in SAS Viya. One option is to use the SAS Viya Admin CLI. Specifically, there is the identities CLI. In addition you can read this thread from the Developers Community with another alternative.

There are also various Community articles and SAS blog posts on the subject. I'll try and track a few of those down once we verify this may fit your need.

Thanks,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation