Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

How can I find all pre-assigned Oracle libraries?

Super Contributor

How can I find all pre-assigned Oracle libraries?

Hi,

This question is related to

I searched the docs but couldn't find an example of a URI searching on multiple criteria.  For example, I want to return all Oracle libraries that are pre-assigned.

Using DMS, I ran the metabrowse and metafind commands.  For metafind, I could enter SASLibrary?@engine='Oracle' and SASLibrary?@IsPreassigned='1', but couldn't work out how to combine the two.

Before Paul beats me to it, I'm sure the best solution is to license Metacoda's plugins ;-).  In lieu of that, the syntax to combine criteria in a metafind URI, and esp. a link to the doc that I've somehow missed, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

Re: How can I find all pre-assigned Oracle libraries?

Hi Scott - try this.

It should show all currently assigned Oracle libraries:

proc sql;

select * from dictionary.libnames where find(engine,"ORACLE","I")

union

select * from dictionary.libnames where find(sysdesc,"ORACLE","I");

quit;

Super Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I meant the attributes based on the metadata. The use case is Oracle is down (so the libraries aren't allocated), and I want to turn off Pre Assigned in the SMC.

Or I just want to search the metadata for whatever reason, say for some custom attributes.

PROC Star

Hi Scott,

Try the XMLSELECT filter expression:

SASLibrary[ @Engine = 'ORACLE' and @IsPreassigned = '1' ]

If you have access to SAS Management Console you can also use our free Metacoda Metadata Explorer Plug-in. I wrote a blog post "Metacoda's Metadata Explorer Plug-in" about it a while back which includes a few example XMLSELECT filter expressions, and also a link to the SAS documentation that has more examples.

Cheers

Paul

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation