BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

We have a few utility stored processes, typically they are "drilldown" stored processes, where we click a link in a table and it displays details for that table row.

Is it possible to hide these stored processes so they don't show up in the menu structure of the stored process web application, yet still work when accessed directly by URL?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Scott,

New in SAS 9.3, there's a "Hide from user" tick box when you register the stored process specifically for this type of thing (chaining stored processes). There's more info on this in the SAS 9.3 Stored Processes: Developer's Guide on the Registering the Stored Process Metadata page.  Specifically it says:

Hide from user

enables you to hide the stored process from the folder view and search results in a client application. The stored process is hidden only in clients that support this feature. The stored process is hidden from all users, even unrestricted users. The stored process is not hidden in SAS Management Console.

I'm guessing you might be on 9.2 and I'm not sure if there are any alternative techniques to handle this scenario in 9.2. Hopefully someone else might know some neat tricks for this. As you know, metadata permissions (i.e. effective denial of RM) won't help here because then your users wouldn't be able to run those secondary stored processes at all! Smiley Wink

Cheers

Paul

ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Paul,

Yes we're on SAS 9.2 but hoping to migrate to SAS 9.3 soon.

While this is a nice improvement in SAS 9.3, I do wish SAS had implemented a finer granularity to the access control, for example hiding the stored process from all users except admin users, or those in group xyz.  I can envision a scenario where we want to hide the chained stored processes from the end user, but allow developers to see it in the SPWA or EG for testing and debugging.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation