BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Saud
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I’m using SAS 9.3 installed in MS server, the current platform hosting multiple SAS application (CS AML EGRC WRS ets..).

I need to generate a report contains all user access (login/log out). Is there a way to extract such information from metadata ?

And how to generate this reports

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you can get the information on different ways:

- By parsing the log files (Metadata server log, Workspace server log, SAS Web Application logs)

- On the SAS Management Console, if you go to the lowest level of your SAS metadata server, you can Right-click and "Connect". Then on the right side you can see your logins of the day.

-  APM/ACM reports can provide, I believe, such reports.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you simply want a report of all SAS users defined in your metadata (potential users) or do you want a report of SAS users actually using your system?

Saud
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you both JuanS_OCS & SASKiwi

Actually I’m using the metadata server log. But the issue it contains all user connection thru application MidTier activity; while I’m looking for a simple report (user id, login IP, login/logoff time).

Regards

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Saud,

so, do you want to audit only the web applications?

In case that this is what you need, you may want to give a look into those:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/68217/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n06skrc2rtwecsn14vi...

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biwaag/63149/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003310614.htm

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation