Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Find all different components of SAS 9.3 installation

N/A

Find all different components of SAS 9.3 installation

Hello All,

Need to know what is the easiest way to find what components are installed on a windows 7 machine (SAS 9.3)

Thanks

Trusted Advisor

Re: Find all different components of SAS 9.3 installation

Hi jenefa,

the easiest and more complete way is to run C:\Program Files\SASHome\deploymntreg\sas.tools.viewregistry.jar with a command similar like java -jar sas.tools.viewregistry.jar.

Then, you will get a complete report of your components installed and which versions/hotfixes are applied for them.

Respected Advisor

proc product_status;run;

Trusted Advisor

Hi.kuo, I like your comment, that is a good one. Even though, I still think that the more complete report is coming from the view.registry option Smiley Wink

Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Only one additional remark: to run that code product_status (any code) will create a report over the products on the server side, what it is OK if you are on a single tier installation or what you need is to know the info from the server side.

If you want to know the information from the client installation or a more complete information, that is not the option you are looking for.

Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Juan, Explain that product status only shows what the SAS/Base foundation is seeing.

That deploymentreg folder is created by the sas installation process and covers also all other SAS components that are installed (eg DI SMC  Eguide).  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Trusted Advisor

Indeed, I should. My apologies and thanks. Probably with remark jenefa can have the complete answer to the question.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation