BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jenefa
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

Need to know what is the easiest way to find what components are installed on a windows 7 machine (SAS 9.3)

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi jenefa,

the easiest and more complete way is to run C:\Program Files\SASHome\deploymntreg\sas.tools.viewregistry.jar with a command similar like java -jar sas.tools.viewregistry.jar.

Then, you will get a complete report of your components installed and which versions/hotfixes are applied for them.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

proc product_status;run;

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi.kuo, I like your comment, that is a good one. Even though, I still think that the more complete report is coming from the view.registry option Smiley Wink

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Only one additional remark: to run that code product_status (any code) will create a report over the products on the server side, what it is OK if you are on a single tier installation or what you need is to know the info from the server side.

If you want to know the information from the client installation or a more complete information, that is not the option you are looking for.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Juan, Explain that product status only shows what the SAS/Base foundation is seeing.

That deploymentreg folder is created by the sas installation process and covers also all other SAS components that are installed (eg DI SMC  Eguide).  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Indeed, I should. My apologies and thanks. Probably with remark jenefa can have the complete answer to the question.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation