BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkPeskir
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using SAS Management Console 9.4M2 to export items from one VA environment to another - from 7.2 to 7.3. The SAS VA environments are not aware of one another or connected in any way.

I have several folders that contain SAS reports (2G) that I want to move. These reports were created in VA Report Designer. I can run the Export SAS Package utility to create a package, but the package never seems to pick up these reports. Tables, folders, and other items get picked up just fine.

Is this a shortcoming of the Export utility?  How can I move these VA reports from A to B?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mark, this happens many times when you miss some components in your SAS Management Console.

In your case, I'm pretty sure the VA logical type components are not installed on the management console you are using.

The easiest way to solve this is to use management console installed on the server or install those missing pieces.

Let us know.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

its possible that the reports cannot "see"/find, their tables anymore.

After the promotion process is completed, when you open an exploration or report, the application attempts to retrieve the relevant table from the SAS LASR Analytic Server. If that table is no longer available in the server’s memory, an error message is displayed. You can make the explorations and reports work by loading the data source into the SAS LASR Analytic Server and making it available to the promoted exploration or report.

Do your users receive any error message, and if yes, what's the error they are getting?

Thanks

Anja

MarkPeskir
Obsidian | Level 7

Anja,
Thank you for responding. The question here isn't regarding the import side of the process yet; it's when I am creating the export package from the old system. The reports are not being picked up to be written to the export package.

img1.jpg the CCC folder contains four reports.....

img2.jpg...but the Export utility in SAS Management Console does not pull these in when creating an Export package. They should be listed under the CCC folder.

(This export was done with no filters.)

Andrea_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mark, this happens many times when you miss some components in your SAS Management Console.

In your case, I'm pretty sure the VA logical type components are not installed on the management console you are using.

The easiest way to solve this is to use management console installed on the server or install those missing pieces.

Let us know.

MarkPeskir
Obsidian | Level 7

That was it! Just a simple re-run of the Deployment Wizard on my PC got Management Console updated, and now the VA reports are being included in the export packages. Thanks!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This post inspired me to update my Management Console as well. One of the tricks is to ensure you deploy from your SAS VA depot, and not from others that don't include VA. Smiley Happy

Hessam
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi 

Could you please explain how did you manage to update the SAS Management Console or how did you get the VA logical types installed on the SAS Management Console ? 

Also, did you just apply the updates to the SAS Management Console on the client laptop or did you apply it on the server where VA is installed? 

Thanks and Regards

Hessam 

lbickelh
Calcite | Level 5

One of these posts mentions that the problem is that some components are missing from Management Console. I am having the same issue and would like to use the Deployment Wizard on my PC to update Management Console.

Can someone provide details on what should be done in the Deployment Wizard? When I start the Deployment Wizard, my choices are Install SAS Software, Manage this SAS Software Depot, Create or Add to a SAS Software Depot. Which one do I choose, and what are the subsequent steps? 

We are currently running SAS 9.4 M3, and are in the midst of updating to SAS 9.4 M4.

lbickelh
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help.  This usage note provided more detail and was helpful as well. We did get the VA logical types installed and all is well.

Usage Note 55607: SAS® Management Console might not enable you to use the promotion tools to move SAS® Visual Analytics content objects

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/607.html

Hessam
Fluorite | Level 6

When running the SAS Deployment Wizard couldnt find the option to Install Additional Software see attached screenshots. Is there anything I am missing here?

SASDepWizard.JPGSASDepWizard2.JPG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Install SAS Software works OK as well. It won't overwrite any existing SAS software.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation