Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Exit code in LSF

Contributor

Exit code in LSF

Hi All,

Many times, we are getting exit code 102 in platform lsf v9.1 on SAS 9.4 grid env. It does not repeat for few jobs (when run on next day) but is persistent for other jobs.

Could I please get help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Mark.

Super User

Re: Exit code in LSF

I suggest that this type of problem is best progressed with SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already. From my own experience LSF errors are tricky to diagnose.

Regular Contributor

Can you see what hosts the jobs are being submitted to? I had an issue with Platform Process Manager and LSF submitting jobs to non-compute nodes in my grid. I had to create a queue for batch jobs, associate only compute nodes with the queue and then make sure flow properties were set so it would submit to that queue. Not sure if this is the same issue you're having, though.
Trusted Advisor

Hello,

this not is not directly related to your issue, but it should be able to give you and SAS Technical Suppport additional insight than a plain exit code 102.

Problem Note 50749: Submitting a SAS® job to a SAS® grid environment might fail with the error "Could not Start Grid Job": http://support.sas.com/kb/50/749.html

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation