BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Community,

When I'm trying to retrieve the users from the Active Directory, I'm getting the following error, where as the output is returning me 1 record with empty data in all the columns.

filter=(&(&(displayName>=O)(displayName<=Q))  (distinguishedName=*)  )
ERROR: LDAP server operations error.  ERROR: LDAP server reports additionally: 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-031007DB, problem 5012 (DIR_ER
ROR), data 0

Attached is the code, plz refer that and guide me.

The code is sample code of "importad.sas"

Kind Regards

Balraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser, awesome. It worked. Now i'm getting this warnings and returning 0 records.

WARNING: No results found.
filter=(&(&(displayName>=E)(displayName<=G))  (distinguishedName=*)  )
WARNING: No results found.
filter=(&(&(displayName>=G)(displayName<=I))  (distinguishedName=*)  )

Please guide me

Kind Regards

Balraj

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have not had to synchronize with LDAP yet, so I don't know where these messages might originate. One reason could be that your LDAP parameters (base DN and so on) don't point at the right spot in your LDAP directory strcuture, so no items are found. Check with your LDAP administrator.

And: the LDAP admin can turn on tracing on the LDAP server so (s)he can watch which queries you send to it.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I had to do this a few years ago.

What I found is that the SAS code provided is more of a "guideline", in that there are a tremendous number of ways to set up Active Directory. The provided SAS code demonstrates how it can work, but the fields and comparison values might be quite different.

Also, at the point when I was doing it, Active Directory got quite grumpy when asked to return a large number of results, and didn't do anything.

What I did was to use PowerShell to explore the Active Directory environment, understand what all of my quries had to be, etc. Then migrating those queries into SAS wasn't too bad. Even with that, it was a frustrating excercise.

Hope this helps,

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation