BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I'm Trying to install SAS 9.2 in Unix...I'm facing this error...

BUILD FAILED

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASSharedServices/9.2/Config/biservmid_config.xml:352: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASSharedServices/9.2/Config/biservmid_config.xml:1150: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASDeploymentManager/9.2/products/cfgwizard__92530__prt__xx__sp0__1/Utilities/storageTasks.xml:90: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: The application script threw an exception: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The application could not log on to the server "server:8701". No server is available at that port on that machine. BSF info: scriptdef_stCreateMetadata at line: 0 column: columnNo

Based on this i was found one link in sas support

39294 - The SAS® Deployment Wizard fails when you attempt to configure Shared Services

37685 - SAS® Deployment Manager fails during configuration of the SAS Shared Services Web applicatio...

But i couldn't find the solution there...

Can any one please help me out this or can any one explain me at least ASAP.

Many Thanks,

Suman

1 REPLY 1
BStone
Obsidian | Level 7

Do you see the following exception in the log:

[stCreateMetadata] User Context: creating login credentials using one-time password.

[stCreateMetadata] EXCEPTION: Failed to start the server.

BUILD FAILED

Event Viewer log for Windows: SAS Error Event: SAS is exiting through vaterm() with this exit code: 11

If yes, perform the following:

Locate the sasv9.cfg in !SASROOT\sasv9.cfg file (Windows C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\sasv9.cfg), check the permissions and make sure the match the permission for the language-specific sasv9.cfg files (i.e EN, 1D, and U8).

In my case, the users group was not added to the language-specific sasv9.cfg files. After adding the USERS group, I retried the SDW again and the spawners started successfully.

Cheers,

Henry

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation