Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Error retrieving file from the VJR: Table Server" occurs when you attempt to configure Shared Services

Contributor

Error retrieving file from the VJR: Table Server" occurs when you attempt to configure Shared Services

Hi All,

I'm Trying to install SAS 9.2 in Unix...I'm facing this error...

BUILD FAILED

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASSharedServices/9.2/Config/biservmid_config.xml:352: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASSharedServices/9.2/Config/biservmid_config.xml:1150: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/xxx/xxx/sas92/SASDeploymentManager/9.2/products/cfgwizard__92530__prt__xx__sp0__1/Utilities/storageTasks.xml:90: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: The application script threw an exception: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The application could not log on to the server "server:8701". No server is available at that port on that machine. BSF info: scriptdef_stCreateMetadata at line: 0 column: columnNo

Based on this i was found one link in sas support

39294 - The SAS® Deployment Wizard fails when you attempt to configure Shared Services

37685 - SAS® Deployment Manager fails during configuration of the SAS Shared Services Web applicatio...

But i couldn't find the solution there...

Can any one please help me out this or can any one explain me at least ASAP.

Many Thanks,

Suman

Contributor

Re: Error retrieving file from the VJR: Table Server" occurs when you attempt to configure Shared Services

Do you see the following exception in the log:

[stCreateMetadata] User Context: creating login credentials using one-time password.

[stCreateMetadata] EXCEPTION: Failed to start the server.

BUILD FAILED

Event Viewer log for Windows: SAS Error Event: SAS is exiting through vaterm() with this exit code: 11

If yes, perform the following:

Locate the sasv9.cfg in !SASROOT\sasv9.cfg file (Windows C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\sasv9.cfg), check the permissions and make sure the match the permission for the language-specific sasv9.cfg files (i.e EN, 1D, and U8).

In my case, the users group was not added to the language-specific sasv9.cfg files. After adding the USERS group, I retried the SDW again and the spawners started successfully.

Cheers,

Henry

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation