BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

At one of my job sites, we are moving from Enterprise Guide 4.1 to 5.1.  The EG users have a local install on their XP PC.  Some of the EG 4.1 users also haveaccess to an AIX server that currently has an object spawner running under SAS 9.13.

For EG 4.1, we configured the AIX server via Tools à SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer.  It was a very easy task.

eg 4.1 to 5.1.bmp

For EG 5.1, I've tried to modify the profile for Connections (many options to get to this screen).

profile connections.bmp

When I try to use the SetActive button, I get a credentials required screen for the SAS Metadata Repository.

metadata.bmp

We currently don't have a Metadata Repository on our AIX server.

Am I going to be able to make a simple transition between these two versions of Enterprise Guide?

TIA,

Kim LeBouton

KJL Computing

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I understand EG 5.1 only works with SAS 9.2 or 9.3 and can only work with a metadata repository:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsdiff/63859/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n195zn48ulkqj6n1...

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

From EG4.2 onwards you need SAS9.2 or higher  - and you also can't use EG4.1 with SAS9.2 or higher.

It's by the way also the same for other SAS clients. The change from 9.1.3 to 9.2 was significant.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The only exception to this cross-version compatibility: EG 4.1 can use a local install of SAS 9.2 or SAS 9.3, if you have it.

Kim, in your case, you need to have a SAS 9.2 or SAS 9.3 metadata environment, and then a SAS 9.2/9.3 object spawner/workspace server on the AIX environment.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry, I didn't get back to this earlier.  Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Our first install on our AIX server was a foundation install.  We now need to go back and do a planned deployment and then configure our metadata environment.

Kim

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation