Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Easier Space Management for EV Data Mart Tables in 9.4M4

Accepted Solution Solved
Trusted Advisor
Accepted Solution

Easier Space Management for EV Data Mart Tables in 9.4M4

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

has anyone got the opportunity to read about the EV Manager Data Mart improvements, to make easier the management of the settings for their space? Great news for SAS Administrators!

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/12/21/easier-space-management-ev-data-mart-tables-9-4m4/

It is the featured article in our Community Smiley Happy

This article brings me a question: is it also made easier, or even possible, to change the default location of the EV DataMart?

Thank you in advance for any insight and comments!

Kind regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-08-2017 04:47 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Easier Space Management for EV Data Mart Tables in 9.4M4

SAS doesn't support changing the location of the EV Data Mart; however, you can emulate this by moving your Data Mart content to another location and then using a soft symbolic link from the official location to your alternate location.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-08-2017 04:47 AM
SAS Employee

SAS doesn't support changing the location of the EV Data Mart; however, you can emulate this by moving your Data Mart content to another location and then using a soft symbolic link from the official location to your alternate location.

Trusted Advisor

thank you for your answer! Yes, I got a similar one before at the Global forum 2016. I can confirm that I tried and it works, also for the logs, altough it has some challengues, administration-wise.

Do you have any idea if it is planned a feature to change the location of logs and EVM Datamart?

Trusted Advisor

Little bump to see the marked solution

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation