BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yzhou2004
Calcite | Level 5

Got the following error after installing EG 7.1 on windows 7.  I still have EG 5.1 on my desktop too just in case the 7.1 does not work properly.  Do I have to uninstall older version of EG to install a newer version? 

The 'sas.iomprovider.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  System.InvalidOperationException

Message:         The 'sas.iomprovider.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Source:          System.Data

Target Site:     GetDataSource

Stack Trace:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Adapters.ExecutionWorkspaceConnection.GetMacroVariableValueFromServer(String macroVariable)

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Adapters.ExecutionWorkspaceConnection.InitializeConnection(IJobLog initializationLogThatCouldBeNull)

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Adapters.ExecutionWorkspaceConnection..ctor(String serverName, Boolean usePrimaryWorkspace, Boolean useGridIfAvailable, IJobLog initializationLogThatCouldBeNull)

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Adapters.WorkspaceExecutor.Connect(String serverName, IJobLog jobLog, ResultManager resultManager, Boolean usePrimaryWorkspace, Boolean useGridIfAvailable)

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.WorkspaceJob.OnExecuting(EventArgs e)

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.Execute()

at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.HandleJobUnblocked(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can run multiple versions of EG on the same PC. I have EG 5.1 and 6.1 for example. Your best bet is to reinstall EG 7.1 and make sure the install runs without errors.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can run multiple versions of EG on the same PC. I have EG 5.1 and 6.1 for example. Your best bet is to reinstall EG 7.1 and make sure the install runs without errors.

yzhou2004
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for replies.  I tried reinstallations a couple of times and all went through w/o errors.  But still get the run time error once EG 7.1 starts.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What are you doing in EG that causes this problem? Looks like you are using OLEDB for something perhaps importing data. Are you using 64-bit EG or 32-bit?

yzhou2004
Calcite | Level 5

ah, just tried reinstallation one more time and it works.  I was simply doing proc setinit; run;

I guess the prior installations were all corrupted without any warnings.  Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation