Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Document for Create a Track ?

Super Contributor

Document for Create a Track ?

Are there any documents or pdf in English to explain how to create a track on support.sas.com for customers  ?

Thank you ?

SAS Employee

Re: Document for Create a Track ?

Hi. Have you checked out this page, Contact SAS Institute Technical Support?

Super Contributor

Thank you Jag. So i understand there aren't any document relevant to create a Track.Just link , i guess ?

Super User

What type of information are you looking for? What would you expect to find in such a document?

Super Contributor

I have a pdf written in Turkish which explains step-to-step with screenshoot, so i want to find same in English.

Super User

Since the information included in the SAS support websites (not only those in English, I know that I had no problem using the German one at all when I first used it) is quite comprehensive (and sufficient for the type of person that will use SAS), I guess you won't find a step-by-step guide in English, as it is not necessary. If you really think there is a need for it within your organization, you're best off with translating your Turkish guide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

I've already knew that I could translate it myself. I've just wondered whether there are any document. Thank you for your help.

Respected Advisor

SAS TechSupport will appreciate if you send them all the information required to investigate the issue. When raising a track via the Web Interface - "Jag@SAS" provided the links - then you're "forced" to provide some of the necessary information already.

Once you've raised a track you will get an automatic confirmation email back which looks as below - and provides some further instructions on what information is required. What else do you need?

In the end: You're the customer so if you don't get it perfect the first time then SAS TechSupport will request the additional information in a very friendly and supportive way.

And here for illustration purposes the automatic email reply I've got the last time:

Thank you for contacting SAS Technical Support, we have assigned tracking number <number>for your query.

To ensure a timely resolution, please send relevant items from the following checklist:

Complete SAS log

Sample data  

Screen snapshots

SAS version and Operating System

Phone number

To send us any additional information on this query, simply reply to this email and include the updates. The Tracking Number in the above subject line must be included EXACTLY as shown. Please feel free to visit our self-help website links below for further information.

Super User

'I have a pdf written in English which explains step-to-step with screenshoot, so i want to find same in English.'

Pardon?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation