BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
The_TaskMan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

We use SAS DI Studio 4.9 to deploy production code for scheduling in Management Console.

When the code is deployed SAS creates a scheduling command that is then used to tell Platform Process Manager what instructions are required to run the job.

As standard this executes sasbatch.bat with options -log -batch -noterminal -logparm -sysin

What I'd like to know is how to append other options to the template so I don't have to manually edit this command every time to add the options -print and -altlog

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

what I would do is to add those parameter to the sasbatch_usermods.

Now, I would understand that you might want different options of parameters, maybe. In this specific scenario, I would create a different Batch Server so you can chose in DI the Batch server with the options for each ETL.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Juan

The_TaskMan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for your response.

I will have a look at the SASBatch_usermods config file and see what and how I can them add in there.

For a separate SASBatch scenario per deployed job, each deployed job has unique -print and -altlog settings so I think I would need a separate SASBatch for each deployed job in this scenario.

But there's probably some way to parameterise this so a unique option is passed per job.

I'll have a look.

Again thanks for letting me know about the sasbatch_usermods

Regards,

Mark

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation