BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
The_TaskMan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

We use SAS DI Studio 4.9 to deploy production code for scheduling in Management Console.

When the code is deployed SAS creates a scheduling command that is then used to tell Platform Process Manager what instructions are required to run the job.

As standard this executes sasbatch.bat with options -log -batch -noterminal -logparm -sysin

What I'd like to know is how to append other options to the template so I don't have to manually edit this command every time to add the options -print and -altlog

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

what I would do is to add those parameter to the sasbatch_usermods.

Now, I would understand that you might want different options of parameters, maybe. In this specific scenario, I would create a different Batch Server so you can chose in DI the Batch server with the options for each ETL.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Juan

The_TaskMan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for your response.

I will have a look at the SASBatch_usermods config file and see what and how I can them add in there.

For a separate SASBatch scenario per deployed job, each deployed job has unique -print and -altlog settings so I think I would need a separate SASBatch for each deployed job in this scenario.

But there's probably some way to parameterise this so a unique option is passed per job.

I'll have a look.

Again thanks for letting me know about the sasbatch_usermods

Regards,

Mark

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation