BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

We've got a DI Studio job which contains user-written code. It's a part of a fairly small three node batch flow, but this is the second node and it's stopped working in Flow Manager; the icon switches to red after 20 seconds, no log is created and essentially, I don't believe the job is actually spawning anything.

Having Googled the issue, I think a redeployment of this job via Management Console may have knocked something out of place, however, the suggestion to "redeploy the job from its original location" doesn't seem to be working.

When you open the job in DI Studio, an error message shows up stating "Unable to find the Application Server for this file, [filename].". Oddly, this behaviour is exhibited for all three jobs, but only one of them refuses to run.

Currently my only option available to me is to create a brand new DI Studio job but I'd rather understand and fix this issue, should it ever happen again.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @_Dan_,

i fully understand your challenge. In those case, you can always drop the question at SAS Technical Support and even include in CC a colleague of yours with time and required permissions. I am sure the SAS Technical Support team will be able to help you appropriately.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8
Hi there,

As per the above "Having Googled the issue, I think a redeployment of this job via Management Console may have knocked something out of place, however, the suggestion to "redeploy the job from its original location" doesn't seem to be working."

This link isn't helping as it's the on I've already followed - in fact it's the only one that exists.

Thanks anyway

Dan
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @_Dan_,

sometimes this may happen if you have a corrupted repository or something goes wrong with the deployment and/or the schedule of the job.Let me explain:

1. When you deploy the job, the job will include the metadata connection credentials, so the sas file can connect to the metadata server on running time. Do you have those credentials filled in the sas file and they work? Could you 

2. On DI, you have the option to assign the execution of a DI job to an specific application server, to run on the Workspace Server of that SASApp. Please see the properties of the Job.

2. When you schedule the job, it is also assigning the execution to an Application Server, but in this case to a BatchServer, which you will see when you Deploy the job, and when you create the flow in SMC it will be seen in the command line for that job.

Is all of this problem happening with just the job on DI, or when it is scheduled to the Flow Manager? It would be nice to separateconcerns

_Dan_
Quartz | Level 8
Hi there

I don't have the option from within DI Studio to schedule the job. I think this is down to the fact the user who originally created and scheduled the job had full privileges across the platform, but they've since left and we don't have the SAS Admin ACT in place. Right click > "Schedule" literally doesn't exist for all three jobs.

Therefore, I don't think I can ever answer those questions.

I have had to create a brand new DI job AND a brand new flow to counter the issues I've been having.

I honestly don't think I have appropriate permissions in place to properly analyse the problems, and with the original DI job stuck in a state where you can't do anything with it, I can't look at anything to attempt to fix it.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @_Dan_,

i fully understand your challenge. In those case, you can always drop the question at SAS Technical Support and even include in CC a colleague of yours with time and required permissions. I am sure the SAS Technical Support team will be able to help you appropriately.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation