BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
asumsie
Obsidian | Level 7

I set up a test stored process where somehow I managed to set all users and groups write permissions to deny.  Because of this, in the SAS Management Console, the stored process shows up as read-only and I cannot delete the file even though I am the owner/originator of the stored process.  A SAS administrator also cannot delete the process since write permissions for the SAS Administrators group is also set to deny.

How can I delete this stored process? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Try to login with sasadm@saspw account in SMC,

this account has unrestricted rights by default.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dpage
SAS Employee
Can you change the permission back to allow the delete?
asumsie
Obsidian | Level 7

In SAS Management Console, under the stored process in questions Properties > Authorization tab, the Grant/Deny checkboxes are locked.  This is where I changed the permissions originally by accident.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

where did you assign the permissions? Folder, STP?

If you log on to SASMC as the unrestricted user, you should be able to change permissions as the

unrestiricted user is not effected by permission settings.

What is the exact error message in the STP and Metadata Server log?

Thanks

Anja

asumsie
Obsidian | Level 7

I'll ask around and see who has access to this unrestricted account.

There isn't an error message per se, it's just in SASMC when I right click on the stored process, the delete option is grayed out, and going into the properties it states it is "Read-Only".

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Try to login with sasadm@saspw account in SMC,

this account has unrestricted rights by default.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation