BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I would like to definie an alert in the SAS Environment Manager 2.3 that is only active from 6am to 8pm. I want to get an E-Mail when the availibility of the SAS Meta Server drops below 100%, but since I'm restarting the server regulary at night I don't want to recieve these E-Mails all the time.

Is there a way to this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Criptic,

if you do use other monitoring tools, this one is not much different. What you need to do is to schedule downtime.

If you select a resource, on "Tools Menu" you can find "Schedule Downtime". This time window, unfortunately, cannot be recurrent, as far as I am aware of, but once scheduled it, you won't see alerts raising (careful, not only not sent by email, but also raised) during this time window.

My best sugestions:

- to schedule a script to stop the SAS Environment Manager service during your downtime, and start it back once it finishes. Easiest for your purpose and clean.

-to schedule this downtime at a host level, so you only will need to manually schedule it every day. 

There are many options, the choice is yours 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

I am not sure you can create such a time defined event in Env Manager.

What you could try is using one of the Stored Processes from the Report Center (In Env Mgr,

Analyze, Report Center), modify it and then schedule it.

See

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=evcdc&cdcVersion=2.5_M1&docsetId=evug&docsetTarget=p1ddtcqw03...

The Stored Processes itself can be accessed via SASMC.

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=evcdc&cdcVersion=2.5_M1&docsetId=evug&docsetTarget=p04sg86zvv...

Thanks

Anja

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hey,

first of all thank you for your response. I don't seem to have the Report Center. Under Analyze I have Operations Center, Alert Center and Event Center. From the documentation it looks like the Report Center is new with Environment Manager 2.5, I only have version 2.3.

Thanks again,

David

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Criptic,

if you do use other monitoring tools, this one is not much different. What you need to do is to schedule downtime.

If you select a resource, on "Tools Menu" you can find "Schedule Downtime". This time window, unfortunately, cannot be recurrent, as far as I am aware of, but once scheduled it, you won't see alerts raising (careful, not only not sent by email, but also raised) during this time window.

My best sugestions:

- to schedule a script to stop the SAS Environment Manager service during your downtime, and start it back once it finishes. Easiest for your purpose and clean.

-to schedule this downtime at a host level, so you only will need to manually schedule it every day. 

There are many options, the choice is yours 🙂

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you! This worked like a charm

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation