12-10-2015 11:56 AM
Hi, when I run "Data Integration Studio" I receive the following error message :
"Data Integration Studio has not been properly configured on your metadata server. This may cause unexpected behavior in the application. It is reccomended that you shut down the application and contact your administator.
The server is configured SAS 9.4 + SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 + SAS Data Integration 4.901 + BI Server.
12-10-2015 03:15 PM
Have you upgraded SAS on an existing metadata server?
Chances are that you need to "upgrade" the metadata as well, an admin task performed in SAS Management Console.
12-11-2015 06:10 AM
thanks for the answer.
Yes I have added Data Integration on the same metadata server of Visual Analytics 7.3.
I've done the same installation (DI on VA metadata server) on another linux server without problem.
This morning I've run "Analyze/Repair Metadata..." on Foundation server, and it found and repaired some "Orphaned Properties".
After a stop and start of services, the error is still the same.
Please, can you say me where in the management console I have to run the "upgrade" of metadata server?
12-21-2015 04:04 AM
Done. They resolved my problem with the following instructions:
The fact that you cannot log on to the metadata server indicates that there is a configuration issue and is likely that "SAS Data Integration Studio Server Data" is not installed on the SAS 9.4 Metadata Server. The SAS Data Integration Studio client cannot function unless "SAS Data Integration Studio Server Data" is installed on the metadata server.
You can verify this by doing the following:
Launch DI Studio and go to Folders --> System--> Applications --> SAS Data Integration Studio > DI Studio Server Data 4.8
If indeed its not there, you need to go through the SAS Deployment Wizard and added the Data Integration Studio Server Data.
Here are suggested steps to perform the required installation and configuration [modifications] of the server:
- Start the SAS Deployment Wizard
- Select to "Perform a Planned Deployment", checking both the "Install SAS Software" and "Configure SAS Software"
- Select the Standard Deployment Plan of "DIServer, one machine"
- Select the "Step 1" deployment step and then click Clear All.
- Then check ONLY "SAS Data Integration Studio Server Data"
- When prompted to "Specify Configuration Information", Configuration Directory, browse to your existing configuration directory.
- You will get prompted to confirm that you are aware that your configuration directory is not empty, click Yes to proceed.
- Then you will select the products to be configured, Clear All, and again, select ONLY "SAS Data Integration Studio Server Data"
Thank you for your patience.
12-21-2015 04:10 AM
Thanks for getting back with the solution :-)
Good to know how to add Data Integration capabilities to an existing metadata environment.