BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello experts,

Pleaase, I would like to know your opinion about the customizing sas 9.2 session for a group of users by using the sas autoexec.

The sas 9.2 is under unix.

In which case the customizing sas 9.2 (under unix)session  will be impossible ?

Any documentation about this subject is welcomed.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
TheShark
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm not sure if this is what you're after but PRESENV saves an environment (think workspace settings like line numbers, libraries, etc) and you can envoke that saved environment at the top of your code. I use this daily for my team because while we're in a windows environment, we don't have permission to modify the autoexec file.

SAS has a great article with usage examples here, I believe it starts on page 14 - http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/Flexibility_by_Design.pdf

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What is the common attribute for the group of users (how can we determine that a certain user should have that customization)?

"In which case the customizing sas 9.2 (under unix)session  will be impossible ?"

I could give you a million reasons, starting with "you didn't get out of bed in the morning". You need to be much more specific.

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Kurt_Bremser:

SAS EG 4.3  group users will use the same librairies and macro-variables.

The sas version is 9.2 under unix.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

@Kurt_Bremser:

SAS EG 4.3  group users will use the same librairies and macro-variables.

The sas version is 9.2 under unix.

That does not answer my question. What can we use to identify to which group a user belongs?

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Please, can you explain  "to identify to which group a user belongs" ?

Thank you again

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

Please, can you explain  "to identify to which group a user belongs" ?

Thank you again

When the SAS system starts, and the moment comes in which it has to be decided that the customised configuration should be used, HOW DO WE KNOW THAT THE USER SHALL HAVE IT??

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

It will be for a group of users, they have a some commun traitement.

Which infrastructure will be acquired under (sas 9.2, EG 4.3, unix) ? and process of configuration step by step ?

Thank you again

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@LineMoon wrote:

It will be for a group of users, they have a some commun traitement.

Which infrastructure will be acquired under (sas 9.2, EG 4.3, unix) ? and process of configuration step by step ?

Thank you again

And WHAT is that "commun traitement"? Do they share a UNIX group, a group in SAS metadata, an identifiable pattern in the username?

Because based on that, we can do a %include in the general autoexec that invokes the customisation.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @LineMoon,

I would like to guess that you are working on a SAS environment with a metadata server. What SAS solution do you have on SAS 9.2?

Here is the thing: 

- Generally, if you need a different autoexec/config that deviated from default SAS users/services, you would like to create an additional SAS Application Server (SASApp). 

- If your user group only uses SAS EG, then you can put the autoexec in a shared location to all your SAS EG users and instruct them to always put an %include statement http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/01/autoexecs-the-sas-enterprise-guide-advantage/

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@JuanS_OCS

Thank you.

So which check necessary for setting an autoxec for group of users(without using %include)

under

> SAS EG 4.3 and sas 9.2

>  unix

Please, can you indicate the processus of checking step by step ? and the case it is impossible

Thank you

AndrewHowell

Suggest you review Global/Group/User restrictions in the Configuration Guide for SAS 9.2 for Unix Environments:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnunxcg/61994/PDF/default/config.pdf

- which allows you to set global/group/user specific config (and therefore also autoexec) options, where the group/users are operating system groups/users. This should allow you set group-specific config & autoexec options.

Hope this helps.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation